Community Forums > General > Announcements > Important changes to AOC RM on Voobly

Important changes to AOC RM on Voobly

[I3acI]_Taff

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 6 January 2013 - 5:24 am by [I3acI]_Taff
After a lot of discussion and deliberation between staff and the RM community, we would like to announce the following improvements.

Please read the links to better understand the requested changes that Voobly will be making over the coming few days.

Important threads below:
Voobly changes that will take place:
  • RM General will no longer rate 1v1 matches. It will also not rate 1v1 matches with coop'ed players. You need at least 3 colors in the game.
  • Rated coop is allowed in Team games but no longer in 1v1 matches
  • Decay system will be implemented by end of January. Decay settings: 2000+ rating decay every 14 days -25 points if inactive.
  • RM 1v1 ladder will be renamed RM 1v1 OLD and new RM 1v1 ladder created. OLD ladder will keep historical ratings.
  • All players above 2100 rating will be reset on RM General (to be called RM Team Games) to 2100 and fight for the #1 again
  • RM-General ladder will be renamed to RM - Team Games. This ladder will NOT be reset at this time unless the majority of the RM community agree. We can, if the community requests and agrees, create a RM -Team Games OLD ladder and again keep all historical ratings.
  • Force recorded games ON for rated games. Is something developers need to work on and maybe added in the future

As a team Voobly would like to give the community the changes they request wherever possible. If players have further improvements they would like to see then please post and tell us, we will be closely monitoring these improvements to ensure our players are not encountering problems.

In this instance we have listened to the RM community and we hope these improvements improve your gaming experience here on Voobly.

Thanks everyone.

UPDATED please see below :-
Voobly changes that have taken place include:-
  • RM General has been renamed RM - General (2007 to 2012), and will no longer be used for rated games, this will remain visible temporarily to assist players with match making.
  • New RM - Team Games ladder has been created. 1v1 Matches will no longer rate on this ladder. It will also not rate 1v1 matches with coop'ed players. You need at least 3 colours in the game. This is to enable FFA matches to still take place, FFA matches will take place on the RM Team Games ladder only.
  • RM 1v1 ladder has be renamed RM - 1v1 (2011 to 2012). RM - 1v1 (2011 to 2012) ladder will keep all historical ratings, again this will remain visible temporarily to assist players with match making.
  • RM 1v1 Lobby has been removed.
  • Rated coop is now only allowed in Team games ( 4 or more players) and not allowed in 1v1 matches.
  • New Decay system will be implemented by the end of January. Decay settings: 2000+ rating decay every 14 days -25 points if inactive.
  • RM Team Games and RM 1v1 Ladders are both played in the same lobby Medieval Siege.
  • RM - General (2007 to 2012) & RM - 1v1 (2011 to 2012) are NO longer playable ladders. These are for historical data only and will eventually be moved to each players profile page, once the ladders settle down again.
  • RM Overall will show the previous rating plus the New Ladders created, this will be a temporary measure and once the unused ladders RM - General (2007 to 2012) & RM - 1v1 (2011 to 2012) are moved to players profiles the RM Overall will then show the New Ladder ratings only.

Thanks to the community for assisting with these improvements.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carcharoth

Posted 5 January 2013 - 3:53 am
Sounds nice now work on adding decay to cs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Zathura

Posted 5 January 2013 - 3:59 am
hmm..good job i think so...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]x_F1r3_x

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:01 am
coool
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_J_L_Hogg

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:03 am
what's the point of ratings if you're going to squeeze everyone between 1600 and 2000?

expert drops to 2k. they beat all the other 2k, who squeeze all grook+ into 1600-1800 (newbs also here) and noone can find any games

thx guys
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:05 am
It's really a bad idea to rename RM - General to RM - Teamgames. There are people who are good in 1x1 but not in Teamgames, and you will just inflate their teamgame rate which is not the purpose of the changes for sure. You are making things more inaccurate by this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_J_L_Hogg

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:12 am
also why don't you first implement the basic requests like not pretending that 0 gamers are actual 1600s, but people whose skill cannot yet be determined

assign a rating to them after 20 games or something...

just copy the systems that have been used in games for dozens of years (eg. Chess) instead of letting smurfs just ruin everyone's matchmaking ability
Link | Reply | Quote
 Incognito__

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:12 am
who cares,the cream will rise to the top,it's good changes i say
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fedex

Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:20 am
Finally, this is excellent <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Taff

Edited 5 January 2013 - 4:26 am by [I3acI]_Taff
It's really a bad idea to rename RM - General to RM - Teamgames. There are people who are good in 1x1 but not in Teamgames, and you will just inflate their teamgame rate which is not the purpose of the changes for sure. You are making things more inaccurate by this.

It was requested to reset RM -General after these changes, for all the right reasons as you state above.

But we are against this idea, as too many genuine players would be effected.

As I said in the announcement, we are very OPEN to further changes if practical and justified.

Resetting RM General ( RM Team Games ) and creating an OLD to keep all historical ratings is something we can do.
IF the community agrees.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TyRanT]JorDan_23

Group: Game Advisor
Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:34 am

The whole idea is to have two fully seperated ladders. One for 1v1 games and one for TGs only. There are many players who might be better in 1v1 than TG, there are many players who might be better in TG than in 1v1. By splitting the ladders we actually make the ratings of each player way more accurate as the rating refelects each player's individual skills divided into TG and 1v1. The way we had it before the changes it was a mix of both 1v1 and TG and thus there were players who had a rating of 2k because of 1v1 even though their TG rating might be at 1k8. Therefore that player would have kind of spoiled a TG game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UB]Elusive

Group: Server Administrator
Posted 5 January 2013 - 4:45 am
The only thing that i don't understand is why RM 1v1 ladder will be renamed RM 1v1 OLD and new RM 1v1 ladder created?

So the current rates don't disappear and you can see what the players previous rate was. You will not be able to play on that ladder. Eventually it will be deleted -- but that could be months or year(s).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ANST_BuTTeR

Posted 5 January 2013 - 5:06 am
Adding decay is a major problem to me, I am not on very often because of work, and I do not think that decreasing rating is a good change to make, as It makes Voobly inconvinient to many players unable to be on often.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]__eT__

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 5 January 2013 - 5:17 am
Adding decay is a major problem to me, I am not on very often because of work, and I do not think that decreasing rating is a good change to make, as It makes Voobly inconvinient to many players unable to be on often.

So you are telling me that EVERY-TIME u come back u are the same level as before? or do you lose some of your skills?

thats is what is decaying is for.
plus if u play a game every 10 days u are not going to lose any thing

but in reality you come back a little bit rusty which means your level decreased a bit. which means your rate is a little bit less than ur actual level is.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [INoV]CarlosFerdinand

Posted 5 January 2013 - 5:42 am
@Jordan:

That wasnt the point he made. What about now, players with good/decent "RM-TG" rates who will be over-rated for Team games, who achieved this rate through lots and lots of 1v1? Such people if they play tgs in rm-general aka rm--tg will upset ratings even now.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 67 posts