Clan War thought/idea

[ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 4 March 2015 - 6:42 am
Maybe leagues are the better option than wars.
Link | Reply | Quote
 iLLyRiaN_

Edited 4 March 2015 - 7:10 am by iLLyRiaN_
Would be good to have Cs - Clans back but all maps allowed..and everyone plays what they want... not like some noobs who cant patrol cry to remove cbas or ab or something. ffs if you try to do something good ask others if they agree, not just do what you want(like staff does).
For example I play random league and everytime I see a map later I realize there were changes in that map without anyone knowing, and lose coz of it.

Try making polls and see what community likes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [VCOM]Barry_

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 4 March 2015 - 8:02 am

I asked people about doing 2v2 clan competition but nobody got back to me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 4 March 2015 - 8:05 am
I'm all for the 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 setup. Can't see it happening. But the WiC is so much more interesting changing the dynamic with 2v2 DM and 1v1 sets.

This,
in WiC there's 3 4v 4's 1 2 v 2 and 1 1v 1 bo set. So the strongest team can win with just the 4 v 4's, but the format gives a little advantage to clans who perform better in smaller match-ups
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Group: Platinum Membership
Posted 4 March 2015 - 9:28 am
This,
in WiC there's 3 4v 4's 1 2 v 2 and 1 1v 1 bo set. So the strongest team can win with just the 4 v 4's, but the format gives a little advantage to clans who perform better in smaller match-ups
theres much more than 3 4v4 bo sets.. maybe in the first round with ALL clans there was 3.. but especially the later part now its mainly tg in 4v4s with a bo3 1v1 set and a totally seperate 2v2 DM set.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 4 March 2015 - 9:31 am
We've tried to set up different versions of leagues or tournament ideas based on the RM tournaments (nations cup for example) and they dont work in CS... CS has just always had its clan wars and been part of our community that way.. they were a competitive way for a clan to seperate itself from another and battle it out in a competitive way to see who was better
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 4 March 2015 - 9:35 am
if you guys are wanting these 1v1/2v2/4v4 sets so badly in a competitive environment with CS clans... put together another clan league where all the rules and settings are laid out infront of us from the start... otherwise how will clans decide on what the 1v1 maps are? I can see lots of fighting about which is a better 1v1 map or which ones belong in 1v1s... one clan map be strong at one and weak at another.. and the other clan is the same way... so arguing and egos will always get in the way... as long as theres a format infront of us from the start and its more organized no one can really argue against it

Wars are and should be totally seperate imo... and 1v1s do not belong in wars between clans... if people want to start seeing more map variety such as dome in wars then you can make an argument for 2v2.. its still a team representing a clan... but Eot will never agree to a war vs another clan with 1v1s included.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Ashoka_]xMag

Posted 4 March 2015 - 10:46 am
iLLyRiaN_ wrote:
Would be good to have Cs - Clans back but all maps allowed..and everyone plays what they want... not like some noobs who cant patrol cry to remove cbas or ab or something. ffs if you try to do something good ask others if they agree, not just do what you want(like staff does).
+1, I agree to him.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 March 2015 - 10:48 am
i can remember KOG having bunch of 1v1/2v2 as clan war but i cant remember who it was against
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 4 March 2015 - 11:02 am
sean...

just look at what you're writing... you ONLY want 4v4s... why? because it most favours eot....

what you don't see is that you're eliminating competition... with the proposed idea, 1v1 is out weighed still by TG... so TG counts more.... but I mean.. say for example you have a clan that has 3 very decent players and rest noobish vs a clan where you have 4 decent players and rest noobish... in 4v4 the 4 should win most/every time... however, allowing for 3v3 2v2 1v1 makes it a more accurate representation...

PS. I am not saying this because I want LC to try and win this because frankly we still wouldn't be able to... or even the fact I do prefer 1v1 (because 9/10 games I play now a days are TG) I'm saying it because it would be a better way to add something to clan wars... spice up the dynamics.... rather than just simple bo 4v4 pick maps... top clans battle it out, mainly bloods too....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 4 March 2015 - 11:06 am
Another thing to add is that there are still very few powerhouse clans and only some have v few members, some have no experience together in TG and some only have 2 members 11

Eot XceL Vicious 7th LC dv8 ... past that you have TAOE .... and even further down idk.... I think it would be better to work on an idea of either trying to form new clans in voobly, teaching players new maps with rewards and or teaching current clans in order to match up with any of the 6 listed because it's too 1 sided
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 4 March 2015 - 12:13 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
sean...

just look at what you're writing... you ONLY want 4v4s... why? because it most favours eot....

what you don't see is that you're eliminating competition... with the proposed idea, 1v1 is out weighed still by TG... so TG counts more.... but I mean.. say for example you have a clan that has 3 very decent players and rest noobish vs a clan where you have 4 decent players and rest noobish... in 4v4 the 4 should win most/every time... however, allowing for 3v3 2v2 1v1 makes it a more accurate representation...

PS. I am not saying this because I want LC to try and win this because frankly we still wouldn't be able to... or even the fact I do prefer 1v1 (because 9/10 games I play now a days are TG) I'm saying it because it would be a better way to add something to clan wars... spice up the dynamics.... rather than just simple bo 4v4 pick maps... top clans battle it out, mainly bloods too....
That's an issue of not having clan depth and a reason to not use 3v3's though, if you don't have the depth to field a 4v4 team you really have no place in a clan war. I can see an argument for a few 2v2's as it adds a couple of new maps, but 3v3's would just be the same maps as 4v4's, and clans would just be pushing for 3v3's if they dont have a strong enough 4th member, this leads to smurf clans and 2 day clans being created lol. It's nothing to do with it favoring eot, it's to do with it being a CLAN war. Eot perform just fine in 2v2 and 3v3 games aswell (look at most tournaments..) so I don't really understand why you have to bring that into it, you say Seans biased cos he's eot but claim your opinion isn't biased? Wake the **** up zanchy we're all biased to a certain degree.

Congratulations on now making this an Eot vs topic you degenerate faggot, you couldn't just post your opinion without making it about Eot, which would have been fine, but you had to target eot specifically and say eot are biased bla bla, like you are a completely neutral party. I'm 100% sure you didn't even read Seans post properly as he wrote he was open to the idea of 2v2's in wars, and open to the idea of 1v1s/2v2s/3v3s/4v4s in a league format.

Also really, how are eot 'eliminating competition' when we hardly recruit players and it's really been the same 6 players who've played in wars for 3 years or so now? There are a ton of good players still left on voobly so pull your head from your rectal cavity and think about what you say before you let it leave your mouth. My issue isn't even with your opinion, it's with the fact you are just making up bull****/clearly havnt read what you're responding to

If you want to do 1v1's, 2v2's, 3v3's 4v4's set up a clan LEAGUE like RM. This is different to a clan war and people seem to be getting quite confused about this. RMers do NOT do clan wars these days.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]H00dluM

Posted 4 March 2015 - 12:07 pm
i think 2v2s are fun and best exemplify teamwork. In 2v2 you must be in perfect sync with your partner as every mistake, good move is magnified.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Edited 4 March 2015 - 12:35 pm by [Eot_]Polaris_
sean...

what you are wanting is a clan league..its the same concept that LC used to do on the cs-clans ladder... it had basically 2 members if I remember right (efkan/vezir) and they would be the only 2 guys allowed to play cs clans for LC back then and if you can tell me how exactly that represents a clans ability id like to hear it.

If you arent able to field a 4v4 team than you dont have any business in this discussion in the first place.. get 4 competent players you feel fine with teaming then talk about having wars/ competitive tgs.

As for your post about how I only want 4v4 because it favors us... yes Eot is a really strong 4v4 team.. but saying 2v2 doesnt favor us as well is absurd.. we can field top 2v2 teams in every single map across AoC CS... from Europe to CBA to RCB to Bloods.. even the 2 main "2v2" maps that were discussed earlier by damian which are dome/ss.

I said from my very first post all people will do is be bias... 1v1ers will want 1v1s included and thats what happened... a 1v1 is not a representation of a clan... I feel the right representation of a clan is only done in 4v4s but if people will all agree with 2v2s as well then I cant fight against numbers who want to see 2v2s included as well. However Eot will never be involved in a war involving 1v1s. If spectators want to see 1v1s so badly... Create a clan league tournament and included 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 matchups and rules/settings on how each round is played... but dont call it a war, its a tournament.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Posted 4 March 2015 - 2:43 pm
You're wrong Sean. 1v1 is a representation of your clan. You are representing your clan. You would be trying to win for your clan. There would be at least two other clan mates playing off in 1v1s as well. Because there isn't someone there holding your hand in a game doesn't mean teamwork doesn't play an important part to the build up of the 1v1s. The preparation and practice, the analysis of players and the fact that whether you win or lose directly effects your clan.

I think what you mean is you prefer 4v4 in a war because it fields the max number of players from your squad over a war. How many wars have we had that were successful with that setup since Zone? ViCiouS vs LC x2, Eot_ vs XceL x3, GoE and s1L3nT vs LC. ~7 high level wars over 9 years highlights there are huge issues with how wars work. We haven't even confirmed a date for our proposed war as it is that I've been made aware of.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]456789
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 126 posts