Clan War thought/idea

[ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 9 March 2015 - 4:22 pm
My clan tournament failed :(

but that was 2010 so maybe worth another try?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 9 March 2015 - 4:27 pm
you could quit ****ing on how it wont work or you could give this a fair chance and setup some kind of forum area inside vcom and let the discussion continue there while advertising it in the cs lobby so you can find out if there is enough interest for this kind of event from other clans

Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 9 March 2015 - 4:52 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
My feeling on an initial first tournament is to have it limited with regards how many clans enter. Custom historically has always failed on tournaments held over more than a day, though i think having the numbers limited gives it more chance of success. I would like to think it has matured in some aspects. But i think if we can run an initial tournament with say 6 clans and building on that success by inviting other clans to a second tournament. Ive spoke with some of you outside of this topic with regards that prospect. I was thinking on an initial basis of having a tournament with say eot, vicious, 7th, xcel, lc and taoe. Have 2 groups of 3 with the winner of each group playing the runner up of the other group and then having a grand final
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Group: Platinum Membership
Posted 9 March 2015 - 5:09 pm
writeup a post for it with all the info and format you feel would work for the tournament... and see what the feedback is like and who would be interested to play
Link | Reply | Quote
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 9 March 2015 - 5:45 pm
My feeling on an initial first tournament is to have it limited with regards how many clans enter. Custom historically has always failed on tournaments held over more than a day, though i think having the numbers limited gives it more chance of success. I would like to think it has matured in some aspects. But i think if we can run an initial tournament with say 6 clans and building on that success by inviting other clans to a second tournament. Ive spoke with some of you outside of this topic with regards that prospect. I was thinking on an initial basis of having a tournament with say eot, vicious, 7th, xcel, lc and taoe. Have 2 groups of 3 with the winner of each group playing the runner up of the other group and then having a grand final

Yea. I don't think so. Can't have a thread without someone crying about something or another.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 9 March 2015 - 5:58 pm
considering theres much more activity within bloods since the last time a tournament like this was hosted... I'd say it has a good chance to work.

If I remember right for the last time it was hosted... Eot and vicious played our games vs each other.. despite us not having a solid team able to show up we still played our games anyway... and RIP or IS (some zanchy clan) got into some stalemate with b0x (Gx) over maps and didnt play their games... then basically the entire tournament just died out and was never finished.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 9 March 2015 - 6:32 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Trying to get it kind of agreed here before having it fully wrote up, im leaning towards the set up i mentioned earlier in the topic. The biggest problem i forsee is in the choice of maps to be played. Theres different routes we can take

Option 1:
All fair maps are available to be choose with a veto system put in place where each clan has a veto for the 1v1 set, a veto in the 2v2 set and a veto in the 4v4/3v3s. Each clan gives the maps they want to play before the tournament so there is no big surprises and teams have a chance to practice along with using their veto if they want. Lets be honest if we look at the clans we are proposing playing in the tourney will we really get any strange surprises or any that some would deem obscure? Im not even talking aok maps here btw as the only aok maps i think that might be choose if any are ab, rad, nova, ss, hf

Option 2:
All the invited clans give a list of 10 maps in 4v4s and 5 maps 2v2s and 1v1s in a secret vote. We then use the maps most selected from all of the clans as in the maps that can be choose. Once the vote is given then it is made transparent on what everyone wants so that there can be no arguing.

Option 3:
We create a thread where we discuss the maps that can be choose and from that discussion we agree on the map pool. We could potentially have a dumby run of maps given and we simply try and discuss and agree on what they will be

Any other ideas? Would love to have a consensus on maps that can be choose from or route forward. Personally i like the first option so to take away any potential arguing on maps but im up for whatever you all want

I was thinking maybe smosh, woa, gwars, germs, ab, rad, rcb, khans, hf, dome, ss, spider, vetz, nova, lustful, graves, path, cba or cba hero depending on what is used in the cb round. Im sure ive forgot something so please remind
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Edited 9 March 2015 - 6:33 pm by [7th]And1zeas
Make sure it can only played with a random league system (so there's no discussion about the maps between 2 clans). And yea, having clans vote for 10 maps they want included in the map pack sounds good.

But i think this has a high chance of failure; if it's a league clans will only want to play eachother with their best players online. If it's a tourney you'll barely have any teams participating.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 9 March 2015 - 6:54 pm
Im sure every clan would want their strongest players online but i think that would be hard to achieve unless scheduled properly. But if we can run it over consecutive weeks for games to be scheduled. Either that or we have it held on consecutive weekends at the usual times we hold tourneys and clans use the team members they have online and failure to show could result in admin wins for the other team
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 9 March 2015 - 7:27 pm
option #2 is my vote... would be #1 but I have a clan in mind who will most likely choose ****ty obscure maps.. I think majority of the teams involved agree on the same maps anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Posted 10 March 2015 - 4:36 am
In order for this to work, we've got to appreciate the fun factor and leave the ego at the door. We tend to get easily upset by comments or criticisms made and over react or dislike the person sharing that opinion. Easier said than done.

Tweaking option two is likely the most suitable approach to this. Option 1 will break away from competitive match-ups and draw into map picking for easy wins. Option 3 is a recipe for disaster, CS is too schizophrenic to expect quality forum feedback without "trolling" - in other words an excuse to use if you **** up or you're a weird **** - or off-topic discussion feeding fighting.

I'm thinking that the 1v1 phase involve a pool of maps that are genuinely competitive and won't require an hour to finish.

Instead of a 4v4 phase keep it to 3v3 for ease of logistic purposes. Also helps the smaller clans field more competitive teams instead of losing 4v4s due to a lack of depth [BUT if two teams prefer to play 4v4 against each other allow it]. I like Taff's approach of mixing up the games from a home map each and incorporating a random pack for 3 games. I'd suggest the first map be set as Smosh since every clan can play it. BO5 might be the most time effective format, but BO7 would likely work as well if the games are played on weekends.

Before any of this happens we'd have to get each clan to commit to the idea, and have some form of collateral so they don't pull out early in the event. I've got no idea what could be considered reasonable on a free-to-play site for this kind of approach.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 10 March 2015 - 5:42 am
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]RedRuM__

Posted 10 March 2015 - 8:47 am
In order for this to work, we've got to appreciate the fun factor and leave the ego at the door. We tend to get easily upset by comments or criticisms made and over react or dislike the person sharing that opinion. Easier said than done.

Tweaking option two is likely the most suitable approach to this. Option 1 will break away from competitive match-ups and draw into map picking for easy wins. Option 3 is a recipe for disaster, CS is too schizophrenic to expect quality forum feedback without "trolling" - in other words an excuse to use if you **** up or you're a weird **** - or off-topic discussion feeding fighting.

I'm thinking that the 1v1 phase involve a pool of maps that are genuinely competitive and won't require an hour to finish.

Instead of a 4v4 phase keep it to 3v3 for ease of logistic purposes. Also helps the smaller clans field more competitive teams instead of losing 4v4s due to a lack of depth [BUT if two teams prefer to play 4v4 against each other allow it]. I like Taff's approach of mixing up the games from a home map each and incorporating a random pack for 3 games. I'd suggest the first map be set as Smosh since every clan can play it. BO5 might be the most time effective format, but BO7 would likely work as well if the games are played on weekends.

Before any of this happens we'd have to get each clan to commit to the idea, and have some form of collateral so they don't pull out early in the event. I've got no idea what could be considered reasonable on a free-to-play site for this kind of approach.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]RedRuM__

Posted 10 March 2015 - 8:47 am
Make sure it can only played with a random league system (so there's no discussion about the maps between 2 clans). And yea, having clans vote for 10 maps they want included in the map pack sounds good.

But i think this has a high chance of failure; if it's a league clans will only want to play eachother with their best players online. If it's a tourney you'll barely have any teams participating.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 10 March 2015 - 9:44 am
I think if there's a list of set maps that are un-questionable and each clan gets to pre-decide their map picks.. it should be fine no? At least between the mentioned clans...

Option 3 imo

Why? Clans will all vote for their best map, this may be obscure or relatively unplayed maps ... hence really stupid/unfair.

Surely we want to see the top clans playing vs eachother in all of the most played maps!! :)

^ Hence I think your list was very good!!

smosh, woa, gwars, germs, ab, rad, rcb, khans, hf(too campy), dome, ss, spider, vetz, nova, lustful, graves, path, cba , cba hero (both mirror'd), what about km/drow

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]789
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 126 posts