TiW Final

[7th]And1zeas

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 16 April 2016 - 11:13 am by [7th]And1zeas
Hi,

next week is TiW final. The format makes it so that there can be 3 TiW random deciders.
The TiW random pack can thus be a very important factor in the final outcome.
This TiW random pack is now under supervision of Dv8 Malte. An ex-7th guy who got kicked 2 years ago cause he didn't meet our skill-requirements. This guy is still holding a grudge towards us and can be find flaming random 7th members/7th as a clan on plenty topics. The guy also thinks he is a gangsta-rapper and thinks voobly is made up out of gang-wars and rap-battles.

I don't want to comment upon his competence as a Random Ladder-chief,
but neutral observation requires me to say that he doesn't care for any input from anyone but Eot-members regarding the ladder. Especially any input from any 7th member is being ignored as firmly as possible. Neutral observation also requires me to say that during his Random ladder supervision everyone changed from playing 'Random League' to 'TiW Random League', a variant with set maps which MAlte can't change.
He can however alter the frequency with which the maps in 'TiW Random League' come up.

Last time 7th played Eot in this TiW tourney, 2 maps popped up in the decider rounds that heavily favoured Eot. In the 1 v 1 round Archers blood popped up, which is one of the only 2 maps Eddy plays.

Now ofcourse, this can be 100% coincidental, but it makes people wonder how easy it would be for Malte to alter the outcome of TiW matches by altering the frequency with which certain maps pop up in the Random rounds.
I don't want to make any assumptions about what happened in the past, but given all this i'd be very relieved if a neutral party (a party that doesn't openly hate one of the clans competing in the final, and preferably someone who doesn't think he's a gangsta-rapper) could assure the neutrality and fairness of the TiW final and could make sure the frequency of all maps in the random packs are equal.

This doesn't seem like too much to ask considering 7th is going out of their way to make the finals even possible. For everyone of us the 17th was perfect. 24th is a lot harder for us as a clan. We could've taken a forfeit win as everybody in the world knows Eot would've done, but we didn't.

TL;DR: Malte needs supervision when it comes to TiW pack, many people in 7th distrust him a lot and him messing with the random packs can influence the outcome of the final.

Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:19 am
;icecream
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Group: Game Advisor
Edited 16 April 2016 - 11:39 am by [Eot_]ForgiveMe_
Id also like to take this opportunity to bring up the use of modified SLP's that create cheat ID's on Voobly. To my knowledge I have no way of knowing if my saboteurs will look like elephants in our upcoming set v 7th. What can be done about this to make it so our games are as fair as possible?

Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_A]Faravahar

Edited 16 April 2016 - 11:54 am by [_A]Faravahar
Id also like to take this opportunity to bring up the use of modified SLP's that create cheat ID's on Voobly. To my knowledge I have no way of knowing if my saboteurs will look like elephants in our upcoming set v 7th. What can be done about this to make it so our games are as fair as possible?

Thanks in advance.
Tell that to Drew who used small walls which lead to you and him winning Khans vs 7th.
This post coming from the guy who made 40 chu ko nu's and camped inside gate in the very first TIW game of 7th vs Eot_.
Biggest hypocrite on Voobly always has to give his input.

Btw, AFAIK and I'm sure you know this as you were the one who cried about it to Elusive, you can't modify your own SLP's any more.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:54 am
I highly doubt malte is doing anything at all, and if he was it's without eots knowledge...

regardless, I have no problem with someone neutral double checking the map pack.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Edited 16 April 2016 - 11:58 am by [Eot_]ForgiveMe_
The cheater making a post filled with lies. How original.

Malte is one of the good guys on Voobly and shouldn't have to read crap from trash like the original poster.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nhoobish

Edited 16 April 2016 - 12:05 pm by nhoobish
Tell that to Drew who used small walls which lead to you and him winning Khans vs 7th.

****, Damian, are you playing dumb or are you literally ****ed? Drew's short walls mod actually made the game fair, because he would have been unable to hit that wall, but meanwhile the enemy team gets to hit his wall without any penalty. If Drew had not had the modification enabled, the match would be in favour of his opponents, just because he either has to contribute more time killing the side wall or use another strategy which may not work aswell as the standard one.

Not to mention that the side wall is supposed to be deleted anyway to achieve a fair matchup, but it was not deleted!

You are literally crying over a situation that your team was unable to get an unfair advantage.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_A]Faravahar

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:06 pm
Hey Mr_Eotonia, every colour has its advantages and disadvantages in Khans, some colours are a lot easier to tower block with which is why an accursed tower graphic mod should be encouraged, not blocked. I feel the same way about small wall mod, though I don't personally use that one. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the Eot_ forum crew of which you are a part.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]RedRuM__

Edited 16 April 2016 - 12:16 pm by [7th]RedRuM__
If a third neutral person can take charge of the TIW Mappack it would be greatly appreciated. Ill try to refrain from flaming so this week can go more smoothly 11.

ps: I personally think Malte wouldt set the frequency of the maps in a special order just to suit Eot, but since he is obvious biased against 7th he shouldt have access to it on the 24th. Also it should be double checked going in to it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:08 pm
This thread does not exist without the 7th forum crew... Cheater.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:11 pm
At the end of the day, Eot knows nothing fishy is going on. So if someone neutral will step up to check the map pack it's really not a problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nhoobish

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:12 pm
Hey Mr_Eotonia, every colour has its advantages and disadvantages in Khans, some colours are a lot easier to tower block with which is why an accursed tower graphic mod should be encouraged, not blocked. I feel the same way about small wall mod, though I don't personally use that one. I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the Eot_ forum crew of which you are a part.

The Accursed Tower requires the same amount of units to block it for each player. Unfairness from the time to move your units to block the tower can be easily eliminated by choosing corresponding spots on the map.

Also, relying on me being part of Eot_ fanclub, that is a really weak counter...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Eddy1

Edited 16 April 2016 - 12:19 pm by [Eot_]Eddy1
Malte doesn't meet the skill requirement in 7th but Hades,Benzy,Panda do? rofl

Whenever malte or someone does change to map pack we have to download and update it, if what andy said was true and malte was fixing map pack for me, we would get an update before game, right? and we would get other updates during other sets due to malte fixing it for us, then we would get update again after sets were finished coz he would have had to restore map pack to normal for the time other clans play...I don't remember getting updates.

TL;DR Andy is delusional and stupid af(this includes other 7th members, too).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Epic_]shankks_

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:28 pm
well if its the biggest clan war thing like , i request eot and 7th to pick all maps and make thing so much huge and different that every member of eot and 7th should play their best maps .

there should be no vetoes and points should be according to each map wins. will be a must watch to see all players of both clans playing their best things.
in this way no one can say anyone like they didnt played and they didnt got the skills.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:30 pm
I understand there maybe a grievance with malte from 7th but to my knowledge he has no access to the TIW pack. But tbh if he did have access i doubt he would alter anything. With that said i have no problem with someone double checking it to make sure everything is all fair for everyone on the 24th. If i knew how i would double check it myself but im sure we can get someone to check it to satisfy everyone.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23456789101112
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 169 posts